Name:
Location: Abilene, TX, United States

Monday, January 21, 2008

Bienvenidos Montevideo!

Hola!!! This is our first Monday in Uruguay and we started classes today. Since our first day here we have been getting to know the area around Casa ACU. We found where we can buy groceries, Disco, where we can get soap and shampoo, TaTa, and where we can eat really good emapanadas, Molto Bene. It has been fun just to be able to get out and try to learn where things are and practice the VERY little Spanish I know and feel comfortable using. The area of town that we live in is bustling with busses, cars, bicycles, and lots of people walking as well. I enjoy trying to catch someone’s eye and seeing if they will smile back at me.
So far the Casa ACU “family” is getting along well and we are learning to cope with late nights and early mornings. We all love the food Raquel and Mariella cook for us during the week and I can smell the wonderful aromas right now as I write this blog. Also yesterday we had a big warm welcome from the Iglesia de Cristo on the other side of our building. We enjoyed many kisses, Spanish miscommunications, and wonderful food and fellowship. I can tell it will be necessary to go to bed pretty early on Saturday night so I will have enough energy to understand the service and the side conversations afterwards.
Also another thing to tell about…yesterday, Holly, Josh and I rode the bus to la playa de Positos where I proceeded to lay on the beach without any sunscreen and now my back is totally sunburned and is feeling quite warm at this moment.
Hope all is going well with you and pass on this blog to whomever you think will enjoy reading about my adventures abroad. Adios!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Yay for being in Montevideo! I'm glad you've experienced Molto Bene! I love "pollo y choclo" and "carne y provolone!"

January 21, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Rosalinda said...

Oh, I am sooooo jealous! Enjoy it all, WRITE about it, and I shall try to enjoy it vicariously.

January 22, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home